Every entrepreneur’s ultimate dream is for their business to grow and be known internationally. But hard work and determination is not quite enough. Business owners should also learn if their business is viable and ready for international trade.
The Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, is pleased to offer FITTskills Feasibility of International Trade. This course examines the critical steps and decisions needed to determine the feasibility of potential international trade initiatives. You will learn how to analyze your organizational readiness, identify promising opportunities, and decide if the potential outcomes fit with your company’s strategic direction and improve your bottom line.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Conduct thorough research and analysis to determine the viability of a prospective international initiative and its possible components.
a. Assess organizational readiness for new international trade initiatives.
b. Screen possible target markets to determine most viable markets for designated initiatives.
c. Conduct market research for identified potential import and /or export ventures.
2. Conduct cost benefit analysis for importing and/or exporting potential products and services.
3. Identify and analyze potential risks of international initiatives.
4. Determine if the potential gains and opportunities of the venture outweigh the possible risks.
5. Develop and implement strategies and activities to monitor and manage identified risks.
This course will run for 4 days scheduled on May 6, 9, 13, and 16. For more information about this course and registration visit https://nsbiportal.force.com/NSBILightning/s/community-event?id=a310A00000051XYQAY