Ways You can Avoid Getting Sick
(NC) It’s that time of the year, when respiratory viruses like the flu to make the rounds, and every year you hope to avoid them. While there’s no guarantee that you won’t get sick this year, there are plenty of tried-and true steps you can take to help reduce your risk of catching the flu or getting really sick if you do catch it.
1. GET YOUR FLU SHOT
• It’s the best way to prevent getting sick with the flu.
• It helps you reduce the risk of spreading the flu to those around you, including those most at risk of getting seriously ill from it, such as children under five.
• It’s effective, safe, and serious side effects of the vaccine are rare.
• It’s approved for everyone ages six months and up.
2. USE SIMPLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
• Wear a well-fitting, well-constructed mask.
• Wash your hands regularly.
• Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
• Improve ventilation indoors.
3. TAKE STEPS TO STAY HEALTHY OVERALL
• Try to set a regular sleep schedule and get enough zzzs.
• Aim to get regular exercise and eat a balanced diet.
• Keep up to date with all routine vaccinations for children and adults.
If you haven’t gotten your flu shot yet, find more information on where to book a vaccination at canada.ca/flu.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio: https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-lying-on-bed-while-blowing-her-nose-3807629/