An idea and the will to see it through to completion are the first steps on the path to success in the fast-paced worlds of innovation and entrepreneurship. We find ourselves at the forefront of a transformational journey, where visionaries and trailblazers are ready to redefine sectors, upset the status quo, and create the future, as we approach the exciting second cohort of the 2023–2024 Accelerate program of Invest Nova Scotia.
Invest Nova Scotia Accelerate is a virtual program that is delivered in milestones to assist start-ups in Nova Scotia in becoming investment-ready. In order to provide value to their clients, they are concentrating on five industries where they can make use of their extensive internal knowledge as well as their network of specialists and investors:
Accelerate Agriculture Tech is a startup accelerator that helps companies overcome the problems in global food production by lowering their reliance on petrochemicals and fossil fuels.
Accelerate Clean Tech is a startup accelerator focused on clean air, water, and soil as well as climate change.
Accelerate Health Tech is a startup accelerator program for companies creating innovative medicines, medical equipment, or digital health solutions that address significant unmet healthcare needs.
Accelerate Ocean Tech is a startup accelerator that supports companies creating solutions in the fields of marine bioresources, offshore energy, shipborne technologies, fisheries and aquaculture, and ocean health.
Accelerate Software is a cohort for startups developing software that addresses significant unmet market needs by utilizing blockchain, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or data network effects.
Here are the startups who have been chosen to take part in Invest Nova Scotia Accelerate 2023–2024’s second cohort. In addition to receiving $40,000 in cash, twelve start-ups in Nova Scotia will have access to four months of business and technical expertise.
ACCELERATE AGRICULTURE TECH
1. Aruna Revolution Health – Rashmi Prakash, Gurleen Bajwa – Dartmouth
ACCELERATE CLEAN TECH
2. Acuicy – Allison Murray, Dawne Skinner – Halifax
3. Lab 4 – Nifemi Oguntuase – Dartmouth
4. Lite-1 – Sarah Graham, Roya Aghighi – Sydney
ACCELERATE HEALTH TECH
5. KardioDiagnostix – Dr. Robert Chen, Dr. Santokh Dhillon – Halifax
6. Myomar Molecular – Dr. Rafaela Andrade, Dr. Dylan Deska-Gauthier – Halifax
7. Resolve Health Data – Chris Crowell – Halifax
ACCELERATE OCEAN TECH
8. GC Lipid Tech – Dilan Jaunky – Sydney
ACCELERATE SOFTWARE TECH
9. Adrigo Insights – Ashwin Razdan & Katerina Msafari – Halifax
10. East Bay Tech Lab – Jane Crowell, Faran Siddiqui & Ryan Grant – Dartmouth
11. Jybe Financial – Michael Tiller – Halifax
12. Oltre Financial – Zac Davies, Donald Jessome – Halifax
Learn more about these startups and the Invest Nova Scotia Accelerate, visit https://investnovascotia.ca/articles/twelve-start-ups-selected-second-cohort-2023-2024-accelerate